Next Post

[caption id="attachment_57" align="alignleft" width="500" caption="Genny is all business, as we drive to Gretchen's house."]Genny is all business, as we drive to Gretchen's house.[/caption]

[caption id="attachment_58" align="aligncenter" width="500" caption="Here is the lovely aqua toile that gretchen picked out, and here is the floral silk that matches!"]Here is the lovely aqua toile that gretchen picked out, and here is the floral silk that matches![/caption]

[caption id="attachment_59" align="alignright" width="500" caption="here are all the slipcover pieces, that now need to be assembled!"]here are all the slipcover pieces, that now need to be assembled![/caption]

[caption id="attachment_60" align="alignnone" width="500" caption="Gretchen and genny are so happy that darn slipcover is complete."]Gretchen and genny are so happy that darn slipcover is complete.[/caption]

[caption id="attachment_61" align="alignnone" width="500" caption="Time to rest."]Time to rest.[/caption]

[caption id="attachment_62" align="alignnone" width="500" caption="A final touch, this pillow is perfect! Not too matchy-matchy, but....just right."]A final touch, this pillow is perfect!  Not too matchy-matchy, but....just right.[/caption]

[caption id="attachment_63" align="alignnone" width="500" caption="Genny is all smiles as we finally drive home."]Genny is all smiles as we finally drive home.[/caption]

I am determined to blog each day, but it has not quite worked that way being that I am the company of one. So, I will continue to do my best, as I truly wish to only inspire others to create new things!
On Memorial Day and Tuesday I worked on a slipcover at my friend Gretchen's home. She was cool enough to let me bring Genny, my canine companion with me for 2 long days of work. Making a slipcover takes time. Before I got to the point of where I could construct the cover, I had to cut out the pieces, and back them with muslin. To make it really special, I serged the fabric and muslin together for that "professional finished" look. I then proceeded to carefully assemble all of the pieces. Genny and I were very happy when I got it all done. As a surprise to Gretchen I found a printed silk with vintage looking flowers on it that matched her aqua toile to make 2 throw pillows. Check-out the pictures. Next up a cute day dress for Megan!!!

Comments